My teaching method is a very simple, yet effective one: I adapt to the needs of every student. I create a specific method for every student combining my training in Language Acquisition at university with the personal requirements of the people I teach. That way we can create a tailor-made method to ensure the best results, and the most fun!
I am a University graduate in English Language and Culture, specialized in languages and language acquisition. In the past few years, I have been helping several people to learn Spanish in a range of ways: from helping them pass their university exams to improve their speaking skills before moving to South America. Whatever goals you have for learning Spanish, I will help you achieve them!
Name: Rocío Ruiz Méndez
2015 - 2018
English Language and Culture BA Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
2013 - 2015
English Language and Culture BA Universidad de Granada
2012 - 2013
Secondary School and Spanish Baccalaureate (VWO) I.E.S Padre Poveda Highschool, Guadix
Spanish (Native Speaker)
English C2 level
French B1 level
Dutch A1 level
(CEFR reference system)
- Training in Language Instruction and Acquisition in the University of Groningen (2018).
- Training in Linguistics.
- Experience with teaching Spanish to students from all levels and backgrounds.
- Extensive experience as interpreter and translator.
- Experience with students of multiple nationalities.
- Extensive experience with text editing, correction and
translation. Achieved through specialised academic training.
- Easily adapting to the needs of each student.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Lots of experience as being a language student myself!
Previous Work Experience:
September 2014 - Present
Translator, interpreter and international sales assistant. Granada, Spain.
December 2016 - Present
Other Details of Interest:
- European drivers license type B
- Cambridge ESOL certificate for C1 level of English
- Accessit to the European Union translation price ‘Juvenes
Translatores’ in the 2013 edition.
- Experience as a voluntary tutor and teacher of Spanish
language to international students of the universities of
Groningen and Granada.
- Voluntary work at the Red Cross in Spain.
- I enjoy traveling, reading, going to concerts and learning
how to cook new recipes. Biking when it is sunny is not bad either!
Perfect! Ik heb spaanse les van Rocío. Zij is flexibel, kundig en ervaren. Daarbij heeft ze humor en is ze ontzettend aardig; ik ben op mijn gemak in de lessen. Ik beveel haar van harte aan.
Spaans in de buurt? Hier een selectie van leraren die je kunt bekijken.
|Bij de leraar thuis||Bij jou thuis||Online (via webcam)|