I am currently a Spanish tutor in the Netherlands, I give lessons at the students' home or online.
I focus the classes depending on the level of the students, taking into account their interests, objectives and skills. I always like the students to start the class by briefly explaining something they have done and reviewing the vocabulary worked in the previous class. Then we can also answer questions, if any, about exercises already done or homework. Depending on what the students objective is, the methodology may change. For a general Spanish class, for example, in each class I start a different topic that introduces a new grammar and vocabulary, and from there, I develop some related activities to practice what the student is learning. But for conversation classes, for example, I can present a topic after viewing a short video or reading a text and from there, create a series of questions that lead to a discussion of the topic for the students to practice the conversation . I like to present meaningful activities, therefore the students can see a real use in them and also activities for them to develop different skills. Activities can be: reading a current article or video viewing, role play recreating an imaginary situation, as well as games for writing or relating, among many others.
I'm a qualified native Spanish teacher: I have a Master's Degree in Teaching and a Certificate of Teaching Spanish for non Spanish speakers. I have taught Spanish for children in the UK and I'm currently a Spanish tutor in the Netherlands. I have experience giving lessons to students with different purposes: improving their career, getting support after school, passing an exam, improving conversational skills or just learning it as a hobby.
I personally I enjoy being able to help others and the way I have found to be useful to society is teaching my mother tongue. After my degree in Art History, I decided that I wanted to share my knowledge and dedicate my career to education; It was there when I did the University Master in Teacher Training. Although the specialty was in Art History, the experience helped me to apply what I learned to other content in which I would later specialise. After moving abroad and realising the importance of learning new languages, is when I took a course that certifies me for teaching Spanish as a foreign language. This would allow me to know specific strategies to teach the language. One of the main aspects I've learned during the course was the importance of creating activities in which students find a real meaning of what they learn and that is applicable to their daily lives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Art History. University of Barcelona, Spain. September 2007-2012
• Master’s Degree in High School Teaching. University of Barcelona. October 2014-June 2015
• Certificate of Spanish teacher for foreigners. International House World Organisation. June 2018-November 2018
• Spanish tutor, freelance, Utrecht (Netherlands), August 2019- currently.
- Schedule and plan individual tutoring sessions for the students.
- Use relevant tutoring methods and materials.
- Identify students' individual learning needs and provide tuition that is appropriate for them and their study level.
- Creation of a variety of activities that cover the practices of different skills.
- Prepare tests to assess the acquired level of the students.
• Training teacher, Mediterrania High School in Castelldefels (Barcelona, Spain), January 2015-April 2015.
- Teaching Art History to students of 13 to18 years old.
- Development of activities to help them learn and assimilate the subject matter.
- Development and correction of tests to evaluate their knowledge acquired.
• Catalan: Native.
• Spanish: Native.
• English: Fluent.
• French: Intermediate Level (B1), Certification by the Official School of Languages of Barcelona.
• Dutch: A2
Spaans in de buurt? Hier een selectie van leraren die je kunt bekijken. Superprof kan je ook helpen bij het vinden van lessen in Spreekvaardigheid - Spaans. Leren is geen probleem meer, Leesvaardigheid - Spaans toegankelijk voor iedereen! Lessen volgen in Schrijfvaardigheid - Spaans is nog nooit zo makkelijk geweest: je kunt je kennis eindeloos ontwikkelen!
|Bij de leraar thuis||Bij jou thuis||Online (via webcam)|
|1 uur||Niet beschikbaar||Niet beschikbaar||Niet beschikbaar|
|5 uur||Niet beschikbaar||Niet beschikbaar||Niet beschikbaar|
|10 uur||Niet beschikbaar||Niet beschikbaar||Niet beschikbaar|